Dr. PALLAB SIKDAR – Assistant Professor
Ph.D. (BIT Mesra), MBA (ICFAI University), B.Com (Delhi University), NSE Certified Market Professional (NCMP)
Dr. Pallab Sikdar has twelve years of teaching, research and industrial experience. His teaching interest lies in subjects like Investment & Portfolio Management, Financial Management, Management of Banks & Financial Institutions, Business Economics, Project Appraisal & Financing, Research Methodology, MS-Excel & IBM-SPSS based Analytics, Mercantile Law and Corporate Law. Dr. Sikdar’s research interests include bank risk management, e-banking adoption, financial inclusion, technology enabled service delivery and brand promotion via social media. He has published his research work in diverse scholarly journals indexed in ABDC, ABS, Web of Science and Scopus list. In addition, Dr. Sikdar has presented his research works in various national and international conferences.
· Sikdar, P. & Makkad, M. (2019). Non-performing assets and capital adequacy position: A study on selected public, private and foreign commercial banks in India. BULMIM Journal of Management and Research, 4(2), 51-58 (ISSN: 2455-3298) DOI: 10.5958/2455-3298.2019.00007.2
· Kumar, A. & Sikdar, P. (2014). Retail service quality assessment: A scale validation study in Indian perspective. AIMA Journal of Management & Research, 8(1/4), Article 2 (ISSN: 0974-497)
- Sikdar, P. & Makkad, M. (2013). Role of non-performing assets in the risk framework of commercial banks: A study of select Indian commercial banks. AIMA Journal of Management & Research, 7(2/4), Article 2 (ISSN: 0974-497)
- Singh, P., Gupta, M., Kumar, A., Sikdar, P. & Sinha, N. (2021). E-grocery retailing mobile application: Discerning determinants of repatronage intentions in an emerging economy. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction (Article in Press) (ISSN: 1532-7590) Taylor & Francis Group. (Indexed in ABDC list, SSCI-Web of Science, SCI-Web of Science, Scopus-Elsevier). JCR Impact Factor: 1.713. DOI: 10.1080/10447318.2021.1912471.
- Kumar, A., Sikdar, P. & Saha, R. (2021). Seller experience assessment in online marketplace: A scale development study. Benchmarking: An International Journal, 28(7), 2315-2342.
(ISSN: 1463-5771) Emerald Publishing. (Indexed in ABDC list, ESCI-Web of Science, Scopus-Elsevier, CABS-UK-ABS 1). DOI: 10.1108/BIJ-06-2020-0305.
- Saini, J.R., Gupta, R., Sikdar, P. & Kumar, A. (2021). Dividend policy and its determinants: An empirical analysis of the companies listed on NIFTY 50. Empirical Economics Letters: Special Issue on New Normal Economics and Public Policy. Vol. 20, 57-68, (ISSN: 1681-8997). (Indexed in ABDC list, Econ-Lit, Cabell’s Directory).
- Sikdar, P., Kumar, A. & Alam, M.M. (2019). Antecedents of electronic wallet adoption: A unified adoption-based perspective on a demonetized economy. International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets, 11(2), 168-196, (ISSN: 1753-6227) Inderscience Publishers. (Indexed in Scopus-Elsevier, CABS-UK-ABS 1, Inspec, J-Gate & EconLit). DOI: 1504/IJBEM.2019.100718.
- Alam, M.M., Kumar, A., Sikdar, P. & Mittal, A. (2018). Assessing adherence and patient satisfaction with medication: Validation of TSQM in emerging markets. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, 12(2) (ISSN: 1750-6123) Emerald Publishing. (Indexed in ESCI Clarivate Analytics and Scopus Elsevier)
- Sikdar, P. & Kumar, A. (2017). Payment bank: A catalyst for financial inclusion. Asia Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation, 12(3-4), 1-6, (ISSN: 2319510X) Sage Publishing. DOI: 1177/2319510X17696648. [Indexed in Indian Citation Index (ICI), J-Gate & DeepDyve].
- Kumar, A., Sikdar, P., & Alam, M.M. (2016). E-retail adoption in emerging markets: Applicability of an integrated Trust and Technology Acceptance Model. International Journal of E-Business Research, 12(3), 44-67, (ISSN: 1548-1131) IGI Global DOI:4018/IJEBR.2016070104 (Indexed in ESCI Clarivate Analytics and Scopus Elsevier)
- Kudeshia C., Sikdar, P., & Mittal, A. (2016). Spreading love through fan-page liking: A perspective on small scale entrepreneurs. Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 54, 257-270 (ISSN: 0747-5632), Elsevier. DOI: 10.1016/j.chb.2015.08.003. (Indexed in SSCI Clarivate Analytics, Scopus Elsevier, Australian Business Deans Council-ABDC Listing)
- Sikdar, P., & Makkad, M. (2015). Online banking adoption: A factor validation and satisfaction causation study in the context of Indian banking customers. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 33(6), 760-785 (ISSN: 0265-2323), Emerald Group Publishing.
DOI: 10.1108/IJBM-11-2014-0161 (Indexed in SSCI Clarivate Analytics, Scopus Elsevier, Australian Business Deans Council-ABDC Listing)
· Kudeshia, C., Sikdar, P., & Mittal, A. (2014). Leveraging the benefits of fan page: From like to love. International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking (IJBDCN), 10(3), 17-45 (ISSN: 1548-0631), IGI Global. DOI:10.4018/ijbdcn.2014070102
(Indexed in ESCI Clarivate Analytics and Scopus Elsevier)
· Sikdar P. & Makkad M. (2014). Shift from Basel II to Basel III – A reporting perspective on the Indian banking sector. International Journal of Computational Engineering & Management, 17(1), 35-41 (ISSN: 2230-7893). (Indexed in Google Scholar, Ref-Seek & getCITED)
· Sikdar, P. & Makkad, M. (2013). Internet banking in India – A perspective on benefits and challenges involved. International Journal of Engineering, Business and Enterprise Applications, 5(1), 15-23 (ISSN: 2279-0020) (Indexed in SSRN, DOAJ, ProQuest, INSPEC and EBSCO)
- Makkad, M. & Sikdar, P. (2013). Risk management in commercial banks – A perspective on Indian and global banks. Journal of Business & Economics, 4(4), 320-328 (ISSN: 2155-7950), Academic Star Publishing. (Indexed in SSRN, EBSCO and Ulrich)
- Sikdar, P., Kumar, A. & Makkad, M. (2014). Ethical orientation in management education: Evidence from the Indian national capital region. Proceedings of International Conference on Research and Sustainable Business (ICRSB) 2014, Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee (India) 156-166 (ISBN: 978-93-83842-19-3).
- Makkad, M. & Sikdar, P. (2013). Implementation of Basel III guidelines – A study of select domestic & foreign commercial banks in India. Global Business and Technology Association (GBATA) 15th International Conference Readings Book, EBSCO Publishing. 610-617
Edited Book Chapter
- Kumar A., Sikdar, P. & Alam, M.M. (2018). E-Retail adoption in emerging markets: A perspective on predictive constructs. Entrepreneurship, Collaboration, and Innovation in the Modern Business Era (Editor: Dr. Mehdi Khosrow-Pour) IGI Global Publishing, USA. pp. 40-67. ISBN: 1522550143,
- Professional Individual Member of All India Management Association (AIMA)
- Member of Delhi Management Association (DMA)
- Life Member of Indian Commerce Association (ICA)
Serving as a Manuscript Reviewer for
- International Journal of Bank Marketing, Emerald Publishing (UK)
- International Journal of E-Business Research, IGI Global Publishing (USA)
- Management Decision, Emerald Publishing (UK)
- International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets, Inder-Science Publishers (UK)
- Global Business Review, Sage Publishing (India)
- International Journal of Emerging Markets, Emerald Publishing (UK)
- Journal of Financial Services Marketing, Palgrave MacMillan (UK)
- Marketing Intelligence and Planning, Emerald Publishing (UK)